And my fifth and final color sync is now complete! I’ve learned so much in this short semester, thanks to each and everyone of my director’s for honoring me as their Director of Photography!
Now on my list of incoming things for the next three days that I have not prepared for at all:
- Monday: Chinese Oral Exam
- Tuesday: Animation Final Project
- Wednesday: Chinese Written Exam, Science of Cinematography Exam
After my fun fun three days it’ll be time to start my first reel. Look forward to it!!
I feel November will be the testing grounds for my sanity. I have just finished shooting the two color syncs in October in two weekends back to back. Now I am to shoot one more this weekend (making it three in a row) and then another on Thanksgiving weekend. My final one for the semester will be shot on the weekend of the 10th-12th of December.
First Person: Zombie is…. still coming along! Michael is super busy nowadays but he’s now starting on the post effects so expect some nice previews!
Grocery Run is wrapped for production!
Written and Directed by Max Kinchen, find out what happens when an ordinary child realizes something not so ordinary.
Grocery Run was shot on the Arri SR with Kodak Vision 3 500T/7219.
Director of Photography notes:
- Handhelding the Arri SR for a long duration of time does get painful.
- Half a POV film, acting with the camera was quite amusing.
- Everyone on set was awesome.
Maya is wrapped for production!
Written and Directed by Sanya Monga, find out what true love entails for a French Gardener and his Indian Beauty/Employer.
Maya is a short film shot on the Sony EX-1.
Director of Photography notes:
- The Sony EX-1 is a capable camera for certain stories and situations
- Lighting day for night? Pffft- try night for day is where its at.
- My camera and g&e team were simply amazing.
It’s……..so…….beautiful ;w ;
Firstly, I would like to point out that I am now a proud owner of a Canon 5D Mark II! As a Cinematographer I vouch for the past two years that it would’ve been nice to own my own camera.
Secondly, I am shooting two
Color Syncs this month. Oh wait, I mean Intermediate Narrative. It’ll be fun! One will be digital with the Sony EX-1, and the other will be shot on 16mm with the good ol’ Arri SR.
Finally, my First Person Zombie short is still slowly working its way through Post Production. It will be ready soon though. I’m sure we can all wait for nice things!
First Person: Zombie is now wrapped for production! Now we have to wait for the awesome one man post production team known as Michael Park and our faithful composer Michael Masatsugu!
While we wait for its internet debut, here are three pictures:
- #1 highlighting the amazing costume design by Stephen Toyofuku and make up by Keila Walker and Noelle Ayame
- #2 crew wrapping up after a long day’s shoot
- #3 crew photo chilling in a nice cool pool following the wrap up
Just when I had my heart dead set on the HTC Schubert for Windows Phone 7, Sony has to come and waiver my interests.
WHY DOES IT LOOK AND SOUND SO AWESOME!?
One day I’ll work on a commercial like this. I can only hope.
CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE…